Release 4.0.1 Features
- Autocount Improvements - The LiveCount software now allows you to do an Autocount across multiple drawings simultaneously. (Previous releases allowed this on only one drawing at a time.)
- Optional Ribbon - The LiveCount software now includes an optional ribbon. The ribbon contains various tabs with grouped commands. This allows you quick access to commonly used tasks within the program. If you prefer, you can continue to use the toolbar system. Update customers can set this as the default under Preferences.
- Trace Dialog - A simple trace editing dialog is available in this release of the LiveCount software. This allows you to set the appearance of a trace without the complexity of the complete trace dialog. With this feature, you can also save your settings as a standard trace. Go to Easy Trace Creation / Edit to open the dialog.
- Drawing List/Tree Enhancements - You can now select a checkbox to display only those drawings with measurements and annotations. Another option available allows you to display all pages in a file or only pages containing descriptions.
- Measurement List Window - This window shows a list of all measurements for the current project. This allows you to view all takeoff measurement items at one time. This also will make editing your takeoff easier.
- Issue Management - The Issue Management window allows you to define issues and assign drawings with measurements. This resolves many issues immediately that would require definition later. You can leave comments/suggestions for certain items that may be of help to others working on the project.
- Recent Projects List - The File menu now includes a list of the projects you opened recently. This allows you to reopen recent projects faster by simply going to the File menu and selecting the project you need.
- Keyboard Shortcut Customization - You can now customize keyboard shortcuts based on your preferences.
- Control Panel - The following enhancements have been added to the Control Panel:
- Favorites - A new Favorites control is available in the software. This allows you to add the commands you use on a regular basis more readily available, such as copy/paste, save standard annotations, detail scales, project defaults. You can add to your favorites by dragging and dropping them to the control panel.
- Measurement Summary - The Control Panel now includes a summary of measurements in the current drawing based on Trace Description. When you open a summary line, the measurements details display. You can synchronize the control with the drawing window to highlight the measurement in the drawing window.
- You can now have up to four separate Control Panels open at the same time.
Upgrade Installation Notes
Tip – You must follow the instructions outlined below to ensure proper behavior of your software after installation and configuration is complete.
Backup Data Files
Trimble recommends you backup up your LiveCount data files before upgrading to the LiveCount version 4.0 software.
LiveCount Versions 3.0 or above
If you have LiveCount version 3.0 or above installed, you can simply install the version 4.0 release over your existing software. Note: Uninstalling is not required.
LiveCount Versions 2.5 / 2.5.1
You need to uninstall your existing LiveCount software before you install the LiveCount software, version 4.0 update.
If you choose to move to the LiveCount Server application, a detailed installation document is available. This document outlines the steps required to properly install the server application, as well as connecting workstations to the network database.
This release of the Trimble Accubid LiveCount™ software is compatible with the following applications:
- Trimble® Accubid Enterprise, Version 5.0.3 or newer
- Trimble® Accubid Classic, Version 11.0 or newer
Tip – If you experience any version compatibility issues, please contact Trimble MEP Client Services at 1-800-361-3030 for assistance.
Trimble® LiveCount™ Server
The LiveCount Server is a utility installed and run on your network server. This allows you to have a central location for LiveCount database files, which will greatly increase performance.
If you have five or more estimators using the LiveCount database concurrently, Trimble recommends moving to the LiveCount Server. This will substantially increase software performance, allowing for faster completion of LiveCount processes.
Note: The LiveCount Server is a separate product, requiring a separate license. The cost of the LiveCount Server license in not included in the base price of LiveCount. Please contact your Trimble sales representative for more information.
The LiveCount software includes integration to the Pantera Tools Plan Room.