Below is a summary, download the full release notes for all essential product release information.
New Features, Enhancements, and Modifications
The following enhancements have been added to the PipeDesigner 3D software in this release.
Autodesk Product Compatibility
This release of the PipeDesigner 3D software is compatible with the following Autodesk products:
- AutoCAD 2018
- AutoCAD Architecture 2018
- AutoCAD MEP 2018
The software will not work with any other version of these applications.
Take note of the following:
- When inserting a fitting such as a tee or wye into an existing pipe, the fitting can now "Flip on Center" before selecting the insertion point.
- Wyes inserted on PVC pipe now insert in the correct direction.
- Bill of Material balloons properly display prefix and suffix in the Bill of Material mark.
- Hanger points properly move and copy between two tees.
- PD3D pipe length displays in AutoCAD and Navisworks properties.
- Weld gaps now support 2D conversion.
Essential release information
Trimble Quick Link software
The Trimble PipeDesigner 3D software requires the Trimble® Quick Link licensing and communication software to be installed. This software is included on the PipeDesigner 3D Installation DVD.
NOTE – This installation may require you to restart your computer. Trimble recommends that you do this during a non-busy time or after hours to minimize disruptions in your company's workflow.